Inside tips on being a mermaid
1. This one is vital to all folk, mer and non mer alike- start believing in yourself
2. Everyone knows mermaids have anything but real colored hair so head down to your nearest Ricky’s to pick up some bleach and some cosmic color to give people the impression you must be a figment of their imagination.
3. Practice your mermaid moves in your REAL mermaid tail preferably in a color to complement your hair
4. Come up with your own mermaid alias, using your hair’s color scheme for inspiration, such as Azure, Coral Candy or Elysium.
5. If you’re a mermaid living on land you’re going to have to discard the sparkly sea shells that cover your two pearls, in exchange for something more practical that humans won’t notice so much. Luckily mermaids are in and there is a whole slew of mermaid garb out there on websites such as Etsy, Amazon, Black Milk and Dolls Kill, where you can find anything and everything from mermaid chokers to mermaid hip flasks.
6. Now to cover your scaly legs but still stay true to your deep sea self, you’re going to need some mermaid-esque leggings such as these, which you can find on Etsy.
8. Accessorise with fake pearls or any necklaces involving a countless number of beads
10. Last but by no sea-dreams least, you are going to need some extraordinary shoes such as these Haunt Holographic Platforms by ROC at $80.
As somewhat of a lone mermaid here in the city, I would love to find fellow ones, so if you’re out there, let me know! 🙂