Sewing Level- Easy
Everything you’ll need:
- 1 yard of stretch fabric, ideally wider than the standard 45″ but you can make it in two pieces if not (I used a beautiful neoprene from Carol’s Fabrics, Miami)
- Fabric scissors
- Tape measure and a ruler/ pattern master
- Tailors chalk/ normal chalk or a pencil (they will all eventually wash off but tailors chalk rubs off)
- Polyester or cotton thread
- Sewing machine and I used my overlocker for some finishing but this is not essential
I have always wanted to make a circle skirt and have very little excuse for only now getting around to it! I watched this great tutorial by DIYlover on Youtube to help guide me. This skirt was soo quick to make.
I made some adjustments to DIYlover’s tutorial, such as making the waistband a chunky 3″ wide. Luckily neoprene doesn’t fray so I decided not to hem my skirt because I had just managed to squeeze my skirt onto one piece of fabric and didn’t want it to get any shorter!
If the math(s) part scares you then head straight to byhandlondon.com you can find out your waist measurement and select the length of skirt you want to make to find out how much fabric you will need, yay!